[PLUG] another reason or two why IPv6 rocks

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Feb 23 05:18:07 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> writes:

Daniel> Last time I counted the CVE stuff showed that Win32 and Linux were
Daniel> about even in terms of vulnerabilities, at least, and that you were
Daniel> much more at risk if you used something outside the big three distros,
Daniel> or Win32.

You typed "more" where I think you meant "less".

Linux holes are far more useful to exploit than say, FreeBSD holes,
simply because there's far more Linux out there.

And I dare say, Linux is also a bit leakier, unless you're running
the almost useless SELinux.

See OpenBSD's completely sane claim of having had only two (three?)
remote exploits in over a decade.  The average time between remote
exploits in Linux is measured in months.