[PLUG] FVX538 seems dead...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Jan 4 11:07:59 UTC 2011

I've noticed that the 8 port built-in switch just doesn't work and the
gigabit port doesn't either which eliminates access the router's web
page to set it up.  Oddly enough, the wan ports seem to be okay as far
as I can tell.  I can only get the test light to turn off by holding the
hardware reset switch down for 10 seconds.  Apparently the Netgear
FVX538 is Linux based internally.  I don't know if this is a hardware
or a software problem, but it appears to be a hardware one.  Any place
I can take this that will repair it for $100 or less?  Much more than
that, it is cheaper to replace.