[PLUG] Fix FVX538v2 router...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Jan 5 07:59:24 UTC 2011

Using the serial console with no network lines connected, I see redboot
fire up and continue on okay until Loading modules is reached.  This
looks like a Linux system to me.  Any thoughts on what is causing the
8 port switch to not work?  Anyone know who can fix this?  The router
is fairly expensive to replace and I don't particularly enjoy the notion
of just throwing it out.  If it is replaced, I think a Cisco unit is a
better idea even if it does cost more.

Since this is Linux based, is there anything a dual core micro itx
computer can't do that this Netgear router can?  How is the router
allowing dhcp from the Internet modem while at the same time maintaining
a separate network that may or not be dhcp configured and routing
between them?  As far as the VPN features, what is the best Linux distro
to use?