[PLUG] Looking for Cheap Calling to/from Canada

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Jan 5 20:05:09 UTC 2011

I need to spend a few days in Canada, and I was looking for technology to
help reduce the cost of calling home.......hey, it worked for ET!

Anyway, I have a google phone on T-Mobile. The costs for
calling/texting/data is outrageous...

$0.69/minute voice
$10/MB data
$0.20/text message
$0.49/minute for any voice mails (ie if I am notified I have a voice mail, I
get charged, whether I listen to it or not!)

I was told by Tmo that any VoIP would fall under the $10/MB data charge.
Does anyone know if this is true?

Any Android gurus have a technical solution that would help reduce these
costs?

Thanks,

Mark