[PLUG] Fedora 9 network install...

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 04:26:42 UTC 2011

Question-

Is there a particular reason you are trying to install Fedora 9, which is
wayyyyy beyond End Of Life (maybe I missed something from earlier, sorry)?
Fedora is on 14 now.  They support N-1 releases.

My point is, they probably did fix the installer, with F10 or a patch to F9,
or something, but that too is now way out of date.

Unless you have a very particular reason to support an existing install of
an old version, or really need this old one for some particular need,
you might want to look into the newer versions.

Also- you are talking about using the DVD image, yet your subject line is
talking about the net install.  Which one are you trying to use?
If you want to install from DVD, boot the DVD image directly.  Or you could
mount the DVD on another machine, host it as NFS or HTTP, and
do the net-install from that (and follow the other suggestions posted).

Anyway HTH

Matt M.
LinuxKnight