[PLUG] Who are the top 10 interesting entrepreneur + open source companies in PDX?

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:57:15 UTC 2011

On Jan 24, 2011 3:50 PM, "Pete Lancashire" <pete at petelancashire.com> wrote:

> even leaving TW in the mix, sure does not look like ten, wow the land
> of Open Source sure is not looking to sweet

I hadn't sounded off yet, but there are a couple more contenders:

Puppet labs
Seems like civic apps might fit into this category?  Not entirely sure but
my vague understanding leads me to think that group might fit in somewhere.

And we have several open source rockstars in our midst:

Linus torvalds
Randal schwartz
Steve kirkendall:  guy who wrote and still maintains the elvis vi clone
Selena d, postgres hacker
Etc

Not people or companies but still cool:

osuosl