[PLUG] IPv4 address exhaustion - beginning of the end in 8 days

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Thu Jan 27 02:23:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:03:37PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Russell> I thought everyone did!
>
> indeed.
>
> Russell> Who has an ipv6 allocation, raise your hands?  I got mine from from
> Russell> Hurricane Electric.  Easy.  Free.  Cool.
>
> I have 5 or 6 /48's already.  Many of them through tunnelbroker.net.
>
> GO GET YOUR FREE FAST IPV6 TUNNEL FROM tunnelbroker.net.

I don't think easy adequately describes the process.

After you register there's a button to click that provides cut and paste
commands to configure your device for IPv6.

Click, click and DNS is set up.
Manage your DNS takes a bit longer.

Ping me if you like 2001:470:a:4af::2

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Trading kilograms for kilometers since 2003