[PLUG] Recommendations for new UPS

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Jan 29 00:46:00 UTC 2011

>>>>> "John" == John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> writes:

John> Great idea!  Unfortunately, the price for the BX1500G from APC
John> with trade-in is $206 and I can get it from Amazon without
John> trade-in for $185. :(

Wait, why are you trading in?  Just replace the batteries!  I've used
the place on SE 20th and Belmont.  There is another place (affiliated?)
further out Belmont, a few blocks west of 39th.  Likely to be cheaper
than Batteries Plus.  The batteries are Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) and
come in standard sizes.  There is a 99.9% chance that either of those
places with have a replacement for probably no more than $40 or so
each.

It's generally a bad idea to mail-order SLA batteries.  They are heavy
as lead (joke-joke) and shipping costs are prodigious.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net