[PLUG] HP all-in-one printer issue

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:09:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net>wrote:

> Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> > I just picked up an HP OfficeJet 6210 XI from a neighbor who said it
> worked
> > fine.  I checked and it is listed as fully supported in hplip.  I am
> running
> > Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS.  I installed the hplip package, went through the
> > recommended procedure to install the printer.  The fax was disabled due
> to a
> > missing file.  Not to worry.  Try the printer.  Any attempt to get the
> thing
> > to print--test page, copy, etc. results in flashing lights saying
> > hw-interrupt: 0xb 9000112165.  The scanner works--saves the result to a
> file
> > on the computer.
> >
> > I have tried some searching.  The only definite thing I found was some
> > discussion saying this was do to a sw error on the computer.  But the
> copy
> > function should not involve the computer.
> >
> > Any ideas here on what to try?
> >
> > -Denis
> >
> Denis Heidmann
> <
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=421991
> >
> Maybe?
> Regards
> Fred James

That says that my distro should have hplip, which it does. There is nothing
there about error conditions.  I have seen one suggestion to reset the
printer to factory defaults.  I will try that tomorrow.  Also, I am planning
on installing the windows sw on a windows XP machine to see if I get the
same error.  If I do, it may in fact be a hw failure.  One forum spoke of
electolytics failing, although that was in reference to a different hp
model.

Keep those ideas coming.

-Denis