[PLUG] HP all-in-one printer issue

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Jul 19 21:58:43 UTC 2011

dont have system with printer where Im at but something like this

in cron run script once a day

check the timestamp on a file, if older then 7 days lpr the squirt
file to the printer
touch the file

the test file is a zero length file in /var, the squirt file is HP
code to print four rectangles
high enough to ensure all nozzles are being used. I used something like gimp to
create them. Made the height just enough to where it took two passes
of the print head.

Their width was like 1/10 inch or something like that