[PLUG] HP all-in-one printer issue

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Jul 20 00:06:38 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Keith> I am insane, so I took it apart down to the hundreds of pieces
Keith> level ( color laser printers are complicated ), cleaned
Keith> everything, and got it working again.

Denis> Interesting.  The Free Geek idea is worth a try.  Taking this
Denis> thing apart with the idea of getting it back together is a
Denis> daunting prospect.  I used to be very clever at such tasks, but
Denis> my short-term memory is getting too short, so I would need a
Denis> video with instant replay to make a success of the project.

I like the video idea.  Frequent photos might work too, but it would
be easy to get distracted with the disassembly puzzle and forget to
take one at some crucial point.

But, yeah, try the ink cartridges first.  The silly thing is that
buying new ink cartridges at retail prices would probably exceed the
value of the device.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net