[PLUG] PLUG at OSCON -- This week

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 15:39:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 00:49:35 -0700
David Mandel <dmandel at pdxLinux.org> dijo:

>As in previous years, PLUG will have a booth at OSCON this year.  I
>believe the expo hall is open next Tuesday evening and all day
>Wednesday and Thursday.  We will some help staffing it.  Also, we can
>use any fliers or whatever people can bring.
>
>And as always, other Oregon Open Source Groups are more than welcome
>to put their literature on our table and help us staff the booth.

I will bring PLUG fliers and will be there by 4:00 to get the booth set
up before the Expo Hall opens at 5:00. I'll also stop by Sunday
afternoon to see if I can get an Exhibitor pass instead of the regular
Expo Hall pass that I signed up for earlier. Without an Exhibitor pass
they probably won't let me in before 5:00.

I don't have any PLUG business cards and, from past experience, a lot
of visitors prefer to take just a card rather than the flier. And I'll
also bring a long extension cord, just in case the booth does not have
electricity. And I still have the banners and Clinic poster that I made
for previous years.

And I also volunteer to take responsibility for the booth and man it
most of the time. It does not hurt to have two people to man the booth,
so help is welcome. Besides, it's nice to be able to leave occasionally.