[PLUG] Open Source Conceptual Equivalents to Dreamweaver

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Jul 25 20:07:04 UTC 2011

So far all the web work I've done (granted that's not a huge output) has
been from scratch; I've hand coded everything. I'm interested in
learning what's available in the open source community that folks here
use that would be conceptually equivalent to Dreamweaver -- a tool that
is WYSIWYG and builds the HTML and css from what I create with it.

I'm not that interested in tools that require something extra to be on
the eventual web host. If I can run them on my local installation of
Apache without adding anything to the server that would be best.

TIA for recommendations.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens