[PLUG] Blu-Ray nonsense...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Jul 31 07:03:16 UTC 2011

Are most or all PCI express video cards these days designed for
encrypted Blu Ray disc compatibility?  I don't want to deal with
anything encrypted and I certainly don't want a video card that
will keep me from viewing certain content.  This is one reason
why a lot of folks stay away, far away, from Windows.  I'm
looking for a high end PCI express graphics or at least one
that doesn't require proprietary drivers to work under Linux.
The card must have an HDMI port and I prefer that that be all
that it has.  I have an onboard vga port, so if I want a second
monitor, I can use that.