[PLUG] Evince and Fonts

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Wed Jun 1 16:16:52 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 08:43 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
> I'm looking at a data sheet for a transistor with Evince, and it's
> rendering Greek letters incorrectly.  Lower case mu is rendering as an
> infinity symbol, and upper case omega as a vertical line.  Fortunately
> there aren't any others in there to confuse me, at least at the moment.
>
> Presumably this is because the font used isn't stored in the pdf, and
> whatever is default on Ubuntu 10.04 is different from whatever is
> default on Windows.
>
> Has anyone else seen this effect?  Is there a way to fix or work around it?

If it's a unicode font then it's possible that the version supplied with
Ubuntu is wrong, or incomplete. I had the problem with a different
program rendering some unicode text as a hollow box. I found
code2000.ttf, which contains a huge number of characters and symbols.
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html#code2000

- Larry