[PLUG] First stable of Mageia is out!

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Wed Jun 1 21:15:05 UTC 2011

For those who may be interested ... these links may be followed for more
information and downloads (no cost) ...

http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/06/01/mageia-1/
http://mageia.org/en/downloads/
http://mageia.org/en/1/notes/

This is a split from Madriva (8 months in the making), and it is the
first stable release ... free and open source ... Linux distribution.

Disclaimer ... other than lurking on their announce list, I have no
connection with the project

I have just downloaded the Live CDs (one Gnome, and one KDE) and I shall
be looking them over.

Further disclaimer ... my latest running version is Mandriva 2008.0, as
I wasn't impressed with either 2009 or 2010 (personal opinion there, so
I shall not dwell)
Regards
Fred James