[PLUG] Digital Video Camera

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:47:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> I'd also suggest checking the SD card slot in the computer. I have a
> card reader in my Thnkpad, and it reads SD cards fine, but when I try to
> write to the card I get "the media is read-only." That is with two
> different SD cards from different manufacturers. My phone writes to the
> card fine, however, so the problem is in the SD card reader in the
> Thinkpad and/or the driver in Fedora 14.

John,

I have a still camera (Canon) the instructions for which warns against
formatting or even writing to the card from a computer. I have the
impression that the camera formats the card in some special way that
computer writing might mess up. Hence I only write to the card from the
camera.  Perhaps the "read-only" warning is for your protection.

-Denis