[PLUG] Looking for a Simple Way to Send SMS to a Group

nathan w nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Mon Jun 6 21:10:26 PDT 2011

On 06/06/2011 07:05 PM, nathan w wrote:
> Maybe a quick php script to send mail to the sms gateway for the phone providers? I can send sms msgs from email via 5038675309 at sms.sprint.com... most other phone carriers offer the same service, u just have to research what the sms gateway is, and know the carrier for each number in your group.

sorry... i just re-read this from my computer instead of the phone and
realized that my suggestion was essentially what you described. i did
some testing though, and this phone at least will let me send an sms msg
to an email address and it delivers fine, showing as coming from
[myphonenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com. you might be able to cut out
the google voice step from your proposed process if folks can send
directly to an email. not sure if my phone/carrier is an exception in
allowing this, but it could simplify things if it's common to your group.

g'luck!

nathan w