[PLUG] DVD based web site

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 16 00:58:38 UTC 2011

>>>>> "frankhunt" == frankhunt  <fh-linux at frankhunt.com> writes:

frankhunt> Simple enough - point the file manager (on Linux and on XP) at the
frankhunt> index.html file, tell it to open and it works just fine - all the
frankhunt> browsers worked fine, navigate around just fine.  That is until I try it
frankhunt> with Internet Exploder 8 on XP.  IE will not follow SOME of the links
frankhunt> but will follow others.  In the document, the links look like
frankhunt> ../../index.html  when I hover the mouse over the link, it looks like:
frankhunt> file:///D:/STAGES/DVD/index.html  IE cannot figure that out (however
frankhunt> Firefox  can so I know the code is good).

Make them absolute instead.

Don't use <a href="../../foo">

Use <a href="/foo">