[PLUG] USB Serial Port Adapters

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:14:09 UTC 2011

# from Jason Barnett
# on Saturday 18 June 2011 09:49:

>Here is a link that gives an example of this exact situation.  The
> example shows using a FTDI chip and having the UDEV rule compare
> against the serial number of the device so it should work for
> specific devices.
>
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bus_pirate

I had some cheap usb-serial adapters which didn't report their serial
numbers, but I did find that I could map e.g. "3-3.4:1.0" from
$(basename $(dirname $PHYSDEVPATH)) from my udev scripts as long as
they were always plugged into the same port.

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.