[PLUG] Strange error trying to run Eschalon Book I

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Thu Mar 3 07:34:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 22:51, Michael C. Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Unable to calculate tex sizeappstub.linux signal handler 11

Doing a search on Google for the exact text in your email returns two
results, both for the Eschalon Book I game.  One of the two results
gives a solution (YMMV):
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=483839

Are you using any Nvidia drivers, especially on an x86_64 CPU?  If so,
did their recommendation of making sure you have the 32-bit version of
the Nvidia OpenGL libs work for you?  The game is 32-bit and it
appears that running some/most/all 32-bit OpenGL games on x86_64 Linux
distros requires the 32-bit compat libs.  I don't know what distro or
version you're trying to get this working under, so here are some
possibly relevant links:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/nvidia-runs-fine-now-what-about-32bit-library-754101/
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-64ba498d52dd0a3ccae1c52c5d913d7aa692f9b1

Cheers,