[PLUG] MicroSD card is read only

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 00:02:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:56:46 -0800
Jason Barnett <jason.barnett71 at gmail.com> dijo:

>This is odd, but have you tried to wipe the partitions off and start
>over completely?  I would create a new disk label and partitions, just
>to be sure.
>
>The only other thing that seems conceivable is that you may have a
>problem with the reader in your main computer that is causing damage
>to the card or it's partition table.  This could cause the problem to
>appear on all other computers you try it in later.
>
>Just a couple of shots in the dark...

Thanks for the shots in the dark.

I have since discovered that it doesn't work in the phone either. That
is, when I inserted it the first time the phone gave a little ringy,
and I could open a file browser window that said at the
top /mnt/sddisk. But being unfamiliar with the Android OS I was unable
to figure out how to copy files to it. I closed the browser window and
subsequently have not been able to get it mounted. If I hook the phone
up to my computer with the USB cable the computer can see the phone,
but the SD Disk folder reports that there is no SD disk inserted.

Nevertheless, every time I insert or remove it the phone emits a little
ringy. It's doing something, but not automounting.

I'm slowly arriving at the conclusion that Transcend is the wrong brand.