[PLUG] Asterisk help needed...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Mar 10 02:46:35 UTC 2011

I have a TDM410P analog digium card with 2 FXS and 2 FXO ports.  I
configured Asterisk manually to work with 2 Linksys PAP2's unlocked
locally.  So I don't think I want FreePBX, Trixbox, Asterisk-GUI, or
any other gui as I haven't determined how to do the exact same thing
using them.  I manually configured sip.conf, voicemail.conf, and
extensions.conf and I have a local phone/voice mail system working.

The analog digium card is plugged into power and a PCI slot.  The blue
lights are lit and the POTS line from CenturyLink is connected to FXO
port 1 where the POTS line from my Comcast cable modem is connected to
FXO port 2.  I am waiting on an analog telephone handset to plug in to
one of the FXS ports where I'm not certain what I should use the other
FXS port for.

My plan is to at least get the local phone system to ring one of the
FXS ports and vice versa.  This will allow me to move my second PAP2
out of the house since the server will then be able to replace it.
Following this, I want to program the FXO ports not to answer the
phone but to allow me to call out.  I want to allow local calls
through either POTS line from the PAP2's or the FXS ports.

sip.conf:

[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=others

[2000]
type=friend
context=my-phones
secret=1234
host=dynamic

[2002]
type=friend
context=my-phones
secret=1234
host=dynamic

extensions.conf:

[others]

[my-phones]
exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
exten => 2000,2,VoiceMail(2000,u)

exten => 2002,1,Dial(SIP/2002,20)
exten => 2002,2,VoiceMail(2002,u)

exten => 2999,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)},s)

voicemail.conf:

[general]
format = wav

[default]