[PLUG] Recommended Routers

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 05:54:13 UTC 2011

On 03/11/2011 06:45 PM, nathan w wrote:

> as a contrasting opinion, i've had 2 linksys wrt54g2 routers go bad on
> me in 2 1/2 yrs. i recently picked up a DLink Xtreme N for $79 at Fry's
> (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=530), and have been very impressed
> w/ the admin UI, feature set, signal strength, etc. both of the
> wrt54g2's i had would routinely drop clients who were transferring large
> amounts of data, and i haven't had that problem since getting this new
> router.

Thanks for reminding me that I already have two more routers sitting on
a shelf! I got one when I bought my DVR, since it needed a network
connection and I didn't have an Ethernet cable near the TV. I have since
installed three drops of CAT5 cable and took that wrt54g out of service.
Then, I acquired another wrt54g from my sister who no longer needed it.

I know both of them work, so when the Netgear finally gives up for good,
I can install one of the the wrt54gs.

Thanks again.

--
Regards,