[PLUG] Recommended Routers

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 05:48:40 UTC 2011

On 03/11/2011 05:59 PM, wes wrote:
> I hate netgear and linksys seems to generally get better over time. I'm
> unthrilled with the way cisco (which owns linksys now) kind of shirked their
> open source responsibilities, but that doesn't change that the hardware
> works well.
>
> For clearer perspective, I'm in the IT manager in a company employing about
> 300 people who work at home on a VOIP phone. Each of them have a router of
> their own choosing and I get to deal with all the various brands of
> weirdness that each one brings. None have been perfect, but Netgears have
> been the worst and Linksys' have been the .... well, least bad.

Thanks. I appreciate the perspective. This Netgear router has worked
well for as long as I've had cable Internet, which goes back to when it
was first offered in Oregon City. I know that's over 10 years, but don't
recall how much over 10 years. On the other hand, I know that past
performance is no guarantee of future reliability, so Netgear may no
longer be worth considering.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens