[PLUG] Massive Registrar Search

nathan w nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Tue Mar 15 02:44:10 UTC 2011

the engineering department i work in has been tasked with retrieving
registrar data for ~22K domains, as quickly as possible. (i'm not at
liberty to discuss the details, except to say that it's for our legal dept.)

automating the process of whois lookups and regex'ing the registrar name
is fairly straightforward, but asking for the data even from the gtld
servers we run into a cap due to api restrictions (~250 requests/hr).

any ideas as to resources we could ask for this information and be able
to get the answers in a quick-ish (no more than a couple hours) fashion?

thanks in advance.

nathan