[PLUG] Asterisk analog cards...

Someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Mar 16 03:43:21 UTC 2011

I'm using Asterisk 1.8 where my search for documentation on how to
configure FXO/FXS ports is proving fruitless.  I'm talking the TDM 410
I have installed with 2 FXS modules and 2 FXO modules.  I have two
Linksys PAP2's soon to be three that I figured out how to connect
together via the Asterisk server as a private intercom system.  I
want to connect the FXS ports, at least one of them, to this private
intercom system.  Apparently, there will be a book in April by O'Reilly
that will deal with this newer version of Asterisk.  I'd rather not wait
till April.

So my simple phone system required creation of my own sip.conf,
extensions.conf, and voicemail.conf files.  One thing I want to
change is I want to increase the number of rings to 8 for the
voicemail to answer.  Currently after 4 rings the system goes to
voicemail.  I could try disabling voicemail, it isn't really
needed for an intercom system.