[PLUG] Linux Security/Audit Guest Instructor

Michael Convey smconvey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:34:30 UTC 2011

I am an IT audit Manager and have been studying/learning Linux for about two
years (in my limited spare time). I am also a member of the Willamette
Valley chapter of ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
and a CISA. ISACA is the organization that oversees the CISA (Certified
Information Systems Auditor) and related certifications. Once per month, our
local chapter has a luncheon at which a volunteer guest speaker comes and
presents a technical topic related to IT audit. The total time for the lunch
is 1.5 hours and the seminar portion lasts about an hour.

The reason I'm explaining all of this is I believe Linux is
under-represented at these technical luncheons. Would any of you be
interested in being a guest instructor at one of these luncheons? Topics
should be related to linux security, audit, vulnerabilities, etc. -
basically, anything that could help an IT Auditor better perform their job
with respect to Linux servers. I realize that one hour is not a lot of time.
However, these luncheons occur monthly, so ideally a Linux series (e.g.
Linux Audit & Security Part1, Part2, etc.) may be an option. Otherwise a
single seminar is certainly better than nothing.

Thoughts?