[PLUG] Linux Security/Audit Guest Instructor

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Mar 18 20:48:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:34:30AM -0700, Michael Convey wrote:
> I am an IT audit Manager and have been studying/learning Linux for about two
> years (in my limited spare time).  <snip>

Very interesting!  I've been working on PCI SAQ D compliance at my
organization for the past year and am in the middle of implementation at
the moment.  We're a level 4 merchant, so no auditing is necessary, but I'm
acting like it is.

My approach has been based on Linux and open-source software all the way.

> The reason I'm explaining all of this is I believe Linux is
> under-represented at these technical luncheons. Would any of you be
> interested in being a guest instructor at one of these luncheons?

I like to give talks but I'm too lazy about preparation and usually need a
boot in the ass to do a good job.  I'd love to collaborate with 1-2 other
PLUGgers on a talk or series.

I'm not familiar enough with the scope or nature of your associates' work
to judge what would be the most appropriate topics, maybe a short meeting
with you and some PLUGgers is in order.