[PLUG] help with iptables

mneal at pcc.edu mneal at pcc.edu
Sat Mar 26 04:10:51 UTC 2011

Hi,Anybody want some free lunchs for a bit of iptables advice? I'm rewriting student exercises for a Linux Networking class at PCC and want to add an iptables task in each lab.  I know enough about packet filtering to introduce the topic but not enough to write iptables rules an experienced practitioner might develop. Using VirtualBox, each student creates a network on their PC or MAC. Fedora guests act as servers, clients and an Internet gateway. In the lab assignments, a student installs services, watches the traffic, reconfigures, troubleshoot, etc. I need help writing rules that change from one lab to the next.If there's a better place to post, please adviseThanks,Mikemneal at pcc dot edu