[PLUG] Algorithm's and Compilers PSU...

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Sun Mar 27 20:33:04 UTC 2011

Let's examine this a little...

On Mar 25, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Michael C. Robinson wrote:

> Mark is a very demanding teacher,

Would you want anything less? You ARE paying for this education. You want the best for your money, don't you?

> a foreign teacher, and perhaps for
> that reason an unrealistic teacher for an actual Oregonian.

Are you saying that Oregonians can't compete in the world market? That seems to be what you are implying.

>  I'd love
> to learn what he has to teach, but I don't seem to have the proper
> background.

Ah. There's the nail. You need more instruction.

>  I don't want to beat my head against the wall trying to
> compete with foreigners who do have the proper background.

You want Mark to dumb it down for you.

>  There is
> a serious fairness issue in my opinion.

I don't think it's a fairness issue so much as an 'I don't understand this and it's hard' issue.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net