[PLUG] Setting up Linksys WRT54GL

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Mar 28 05:19:15 UTC 2011

> I also note that at the very top of the main setup page there is a
> dropdown box with the following options:
>
>        Automatic Configuration DHCP
>        Static IP
>        PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)
>        PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol)
>
> Automatic Configuration DHCP is the default and I haven't tried any of
> the other settings. Note that the place to turn on/off the DHCP server
> is further down the page. This setting is apparently to comply with the
> requirements of an ISP.

Correct. These options relate to the Linksys' WAN IP, the one assigned by
the upstream device (usually your ISP). since you're not using the WAN port
on your router, these options are unrelevant.

Have you checked for firmware updates? If there is no "AP Isolation" option,
it may be something that is enabled and they just hadn't put the option to
turn it off into the firmware that is currently installed on your device.

-wes