[PLUG] Natty issues

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:32:33 UTC 2011

> I run Maverick (Ubuntu 10.10) w/Gnome and the Avant panel. It is
> absolutely perfect in every aspect, so far superior to Windows I would
> not run W7 even if it were free.  I use some KDE apps like the K3B
> burner and I even ran the pre-release Gnome3/Gnome shell with not one
> problem. Fast, totally bug free.
>
> I wanted to sample the new Libre Office, Grub upgrade  and KDE 4.6 with
> the  new Qt 4.7 but this mess of U/11.4 is not worth the hassle. I'll
> wait to see what  Mepis 11.0 and/or Mint looks like.
>
> On 05/02/2011 07:04 AM, Marvin Kosmal wrote:
>>
>> I am listening to all the chatter..
>>
>> I am running Lucid and guess I will just continue.
>>
>> It works fine and updates once a week.

I've never like the way any version of Ubuntu has functioned or
performed on my T60, so
I'm happy I've been able to run straight Debian Sid w. KDE-light for a
few years now with the only
bump in the road being the transition from KDE 3 to 4.

It sounds like Russell nailed it when he said "Shuttleworth seems to
be taking things in the
wrong direction". This could really suck for a large portion of the
Linux community...