[PLUG] Emacs Speedbar Question

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:11:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   I've used speedbar when editing .py and .c files, but it does not display
> .sql or .txt files in the same directory as that of the active buffer. I'd
> appreciate a clue stick on what I'm missing.

The right-click menu in the speedbar has an option "Show all files",
and there is a customize option:

Speedbar Show Unknown Files:
   Non-nil show files we can't expand with a ? in the expand button.
Hide Rest
   A nil value means don't show the file in the list.

There is also a list of supported extensions:

"Speedbar Supported Extension Expressions"

You could add .txt and .sql to that, I suspect it will then do what
you want. (although speedbar's file-specific features, like expanding
files, probably won't work well, if at all, on those).

--Rogan