[PLUG] Emacs Speedbar Question

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:38:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2011, Rogan Creswick wrote:
>   I added the two extensions. Most of these customization options are
> totally opaque to me, but I don't live in emacs all day. :-)

Sometimes I think I live in emacs simply because my fingers no longer
know how to operate the doors to any other editor.  I certainly can't
turn on the lights once I get inside.

> Heck, I don't know why I'd want the speedbar to expand files, either. I thought that was
> my job.

Clicking on the file icon in the speedbar will often expand the file
in the speedbar tree so you can jump to points of interest in the
file.  This works great for some formats (like org-mode files) and not
so great for others (like Java source).

--Rogan