[PLUG] Natty is here; Update

Word Wizard Word.Wizard at comcast.net
Thu May 5 14:33:48 UTC 2011

I'm not a big fan of the new "landscape" monitors. I use an older 4:3 20
inch LCD because I like the vertical space for text reading/writing
work. I dread the day it gives out because only the band-aid form-factor
monitors seem to be available now. They don't deliver the vertical size
I like without going into something like a 27 inch or larger, a
seriously spendy proposition. The 16:9 monitor may be great for watching
movies online or for HD gamers but that's what I have a TV for; a 4:3
form-factor makes more sense for my desktop PS use.

I can see where the Unity interface is well suited for the 16:9 style
though. There really isn't much else to do with that extra space on the
left (unless one has a LOT of desktop icons) so moving a panel from top
to side is logical. Unity seems to be working out as it was intended and
the rest of Ubuntu 11.4 has settled down to the point where I can rely
on it.