[PLUG] Caps Lock Toggle Backwards

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon May 9 03:37:22 UTC 2011

On 05/08/2011 05:51 PM, Joe Shisei Niski wrote:
> On 05/08/2011 01:48 PM, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>> <...>Is there a way to reverse the appearance to return it to "normal" so
>> that the light is off when Caps Lock is off?
>>
>> <...>
> i've seen tnis happen from tim to time, mostly when connecting a
> full-sized USB keyboard to my laptop via a kvm switch (at home) or
> docking station (at work). A complete disconnect/reconnect of all usb
> things usually clears it up.

Thanks for the idea. However...

There's a great Mark Twain piece about how he got rid of the lumbago by
giving up stuff like cigars and liquor, and how he offered that remedy
to an elderly neighbor lady, who said that she didn't do any of those
things. His response was that she had neglected her vices and when the
time came to lighten the load of the sinking ship she had nothing to
toss overboard (or words to that effect). Alas, that is where I find
myself regarding your offered remedy.

There are no USB devices connected to this machine. On rare occasion I
do connect something, but it has been quite awhile since the last time I
did. However, just to say I've done it, I plugged in my USB flash drive,
deleted some of its contents, unmounted and removed it. The caps light
did not change status.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens