[PLUG] USB foot pedal controller

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue May 10 19:10:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 05:42:27PM -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> On 05/09/2011 12:09 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:
> > On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 10:53:31AM -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> >> If I wanted to use a USB foot pedal to control sound playback, would I
> >> have to write something to go into one of the sound playing programs? Or
> >> is there some way to make the three switches on the USB controller
> >> generate the same signals used for play/pause, fast forward, and rewind?
> > Hard to say.  I don't know what the foot pedal looks like to the system.
> > ("lsusb -v" or "usb-devices" would provide a huge amount of info.)
>
> Since they are kind of long, I've posted the output of each of those
> commands to my Comcast web site.

Nice!  Looks like the pedal is a Raw HID device, which means it needs a
program to listen to it.  But wait... if I Google for 05f3:00ff
(vendor:device IDs) I get interesting results:
A Gnome program that does what you want: http://code.google.com/p/footpedal/
A PureData plugin for using your footpedal as a musical instrument:
  http://www.noisybox.net/computers/infinity-pedal/

It's interesting to google device IDs from obscure USB devices,
  Aaron