[PLUG] eml file

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Sat May 14 01:16:50 UTC 2011

Marvin Kosmal wrote:
> On 5/13/11, Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net> wrote:
>
>> Marvin Kosmal wrote:
>>
>>> HI
>>>
>>> I am having a problem getting .eml file to run...
>>>
>>> I have both rhythm box and VLC and neither will play this.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to convert this to something that will play for me?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Marvin
>> Marvin Kosmal
>> I would have asked why are you trying to play an email file, but I see
>> from wikipedia that eml can stand for other things ... what does it mean
>> in this case?  Thanks
>> Regards
>> Fred James
>>
> This is a file one of my friends sent showing something from TV..
> KOIN 6, I think..
>
> And they have Windows....
>

> Probably more work then it is worth..
>
> Thanks
>
> Marvin

Marvin Kosmal
"Probably more work then it is worth.." ... I should leave that to you
to decide, however one could try this to get a bit more information ...
    (a) save the (eml) file to disk some where convenient (I typically
put it in a special directory on my desk top so I can remember to delete
the whole thing when I am done)
    (b) at the CLI (command line interface) cd to the place one put the
file and run file against it (file filename.eml) and see what one gets back.
... usually that will give one enough information on the type of file
and the contents, that one can decide what to do next ... but write
again if you still have a question
Good luck
Regards
Fred James