[PLUG] Organizing Bookmarks in Firefox-3.6.17

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed May 18 01:23:07 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 04:12 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>     In earlier versions of firefox selecting Bookmarks->Organize listed them
> all, including the unfiled URLs. In version 3.6.17 I can see a list of
> unorganized bookmarks under all the categories, but when I try to find them
> in the Organize submenu, they're not to be found. I want to either delete
> URLs no longer needed or move them to a storage directory, but they're not
> in the 'latest' or 'most recent' lists.
>
>     Has anyone an idea where these might be found in the firefox menu system?

You're on the right track. Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks bring up the
Library.

There's a frame on the left with All Bookmarks highlighted. On the
right, I see a list containing Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu, and
Unsorted Bookmarks. Either click on Bookmarks Menu in the frame on the
left, or double click Bookmarks Menu in the panel on the right. Scroll
down to the bottom and you should find the last thing you bookmarked,
assuming you didn't put it in a specific folder.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens