[PLUG] VGA card mot ideal...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun May 22 08:08:11 UTC 2011

Is there an AGP 4x video card specifically designed for making an HDMI
connection to an HDTV?  VGA is the standard, but a television is NOT a
VGA monitor.

I still am wondering how to fit the picture to the screen in Linux.
Worse, Linux text mode is nice to have but the GEForce 6200 I'm using
doesn't fit the screen in text mode.

Why fight a video card designed for a standard monitor if I can get
one that is designed for connecting to a television?

I'm beginning to think that getting Linux to install to a Wii is the
way to go because of the video issues when a standard computer is used.

Surely someone makes an embedded board or a video card that is
intended for HDTVs.
If not, somebody should.  The whole idea of a set top box is defeated
if you have to have a computer monitor as well.

believed to be clean.