[PLUG] Is my monitor dying?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue May 24 01:58:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 18:29:49 -0700
Sean Ellefson <scellef at gmail.com> dijo:

>Does the flashing occur when you turn your monitor off and back on
>again while the session is active?  Is it connected to a KVM?  Is it
>using VGA or DVI cables?

Turning off and back on again was an easy test. The monitor did not
flash. Not sure what that means, though.

It is connected with a VGA cable. It does have an HDMI connector,
but the video out on the motherboard has only a VGA connector.
I don't know what a KVM is, so probably it is not connected to one.

After turning off and back on again I checked the cable. It was tight,
but I reseated it just on general principles.

I should have added that it works fine once it stops flashing.