[PLUG] Trying to switch from Gnome to KDE

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 19:02:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:48:48 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>>> 4) Is there a widget that I can add to the panel to allow me to
>>> change network configurations, like finding wifi access points and
>>> connecting to them?
>>
>>Yes, normally installed by default.  In any case.
>>Click in blank area of panel, when it expands choose "Add Widgets" and
>>choose from there.
>
>I don't know why it was not installed by default. And it's still not
>available, that is, when I right click on the panel and choose Add
>Widgets, there is no network widget listed. There is a button to get
>additional widgets that I haven't tried yet. I can't believe that I
>have to go get additional widgets in order to have a button to select
>wireless access points.

I've been installing widgets and adding them to the panel. So far every
one has resulted in the following error message:

	Unable to load the widget. Could not create a python
	ScriptEngine for the <widget_name>.

No point in trying any more widgets until I figure out what is wrong. I
know I have Python installed (or some version of it) because Scribus
scripts require Python and the scripts all work.