[PLUG] Trying to switch from Gnome to KDE

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 04:25:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:02:47 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I've been installing widgets and adding them to the panel. So far every
>one has resulted in the following error message:
>
>	Unable to load the widget. Could not create a python
>	ScriptEngine for the <widget_name>.
>
>No point in trying any more widgets until I figure out what is wrong. I
>know I have Python installed (or some version of it) because Scribus
>scripts require Python and the scripts all work.

I solved the above problem by going into Yumex, searching on "KDE," and
installing a couple dozen packages, including several that included
"python" in the name.

It has taken me all day, but I finally have a KDE desktop that is
usable. There are still a few tweaks needed, but I can get to them in
good time.

Now I can upgrade to Fedora 16 and ditch Gnome.