[PLUG] Virtual Terminal Line Wrap

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 15 19:17:24 UTC 2011

   I've still not found why urxvt/rxvt-unicode (and now plain rxvt) will not
wrap lines. Instead, it shifts the line off the left edge of the window so I
see only the right end of the line. Quite frustrating since I seem to be the
only person in the world with this issue. Anywho, ...

   I see that setterm has an option, -linewrap on, that is supposed to fix
the problem, but appears not to do so. That's probably because I'm not
correctly applying it. There should also be a way within terminfo to turn on
line wrapping, but I don't know how to edit that, or how to modify termcap.

   Suggestions and ideas welcome.