[PLUG] Firefox Cookie Management

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 18:38:27 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 10:11 AM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Richard C. Steffens<rsteff at comcast.net>wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a tool that let's me inspect the cookie collection
>> and decide what to keep and what to get rid of?
> edit, preferences, privacy, Remove individual cookies.
>
> this gets you to a list.  I do not know how decipherable they are.

Thanks. You're right. Decipher-ability is indeed vague. Some of them are
fairly clear as to who they belong to. Others are less so. I did see
that there were quite a few with the cookie name of __utmz or __utma. So
I Googled those and found that they are Google cookies related to their
AdSense program, recording the site I came from (__utmz) and how many
times I've been to the current site (__utma).

Looks like I'll be devoting some more time to figuring out how I want to
manage my cookies, or maybe toss them.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens