[PLUG] chmod Question

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Nov 18 21:04:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, wes wrote:

>> That's what I'd do too, except (and I'm sure wes knows this) you'll
>> want a directory as the first argument:
>
> my find takes . as the default location if one is not specified. YMMV.

See, that's what using BSD find will do: make me forget GNU defaults.
You're absolutely right. Linux systems invariably use GNU find, which
defaults to using the current directory if one isn't specified.

Here's the BSD output when a directory isn't specified:

   [heinlein at springwater ~]$ find -type f
   find: illegal option -- t
   find: illegal option -- y
   find: illegal option -- p
   find: illegal option -- e