[PLUG] Virtual Terminal Line Wrapping And Other Quirks

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Nov 18 21:46:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
>
> > I just use less -r these days
>
>    I didn't need to do this before, and in a root login shell that's not
> necessary, either. I think this is related to my borked shell login scripts
> since the line wrapping broke, too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Seems like there's not a lot of people who have dealt with this before,
since you're not exactly drowning in responses right now. I can't think of
anything off the top of my head either that could cause this, so I would
suggest trying to go about this another way. One thing you could try is
posting your login config files somewhere, and we can look through and see
if anything jumps out to us as odd.

Sites like pastebin are excellent for this sort of thing.

Files to look at include, but are not limited to:

.shrc
.profile
.bash_profile
.bashrc

and anything that is called from within these files.

-wes