[PLUG] Linux Clinic

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Sat Nov 19 01:48:15 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 05:19 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:04:30 -0800
> Marvin Kosmal<mkosmal at gmail.com>  dijo:
>
>> I plan on coming Sunday  and bringing two old computers.  I would like
>> to install Mint 9 on one of them.
>
> I always maintain the latest releases of various distros, including
> Mint. But that means I just have Mint 11. There are various flavors of
> Mint 9:
>
> 	http://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=13
>
> I have good bandwidth at home, so if you like I will download whichever
> one(s) you would like. Better for me to do so from home than to wait
> until the Clinic, because Free Geek doesn't have very good bandwidth,
> not to mention the time you'll have to sit waiting for it to download.

FWIW I believe Linux Mint 12 is due for final release on Nov 20. I've
been running the release candidate on my laptop and the experience has
been flawless. I'm finally happy and productive using GNOME 3 with MGSE
and a couple of minor additional tweaks; I'll try to blog about my setup
this weekend and will forward a url to the list when I've done so.

Scott