[PLUG] Leftover package from Fc14 > Fc16 upgrade

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 22:13:39 UTC 2011

I usually do package stuff on my Fedora x86_64 laptop (now version 16)
with Yumex, but I can't seem to solve this problem from the command
line either.

After the upgrade to Fedora 16 Yumex listed over 800 packages to
update. It took the better part of a day to get them all updated due to
missing dependencies and all kinds of other problems. Some I had to
delete, although in each case where I deleted a package it was one that
I have no use for anyway. For example, I found three packages for
mutter-meego, a netbook version of something. Yumex refused to update
them, and there was no erase option for packages listed as updatable,
nor were there original packages installed for any of them. But from
the command line yum was happy to erase them.

However, I have one stray package that nothing can touch:

	qparted 0.4.5-26.fc15.

Yumex insists that this package needs to be updated. But searching on
"parted" reveals parted and gparted (both installed), but no package
qparted. From the command line yum says there is no package qparted.
Because apparently it does not exist I can't erase it, get info about
it, or otherwise touch it. Yet Yumex (and the separate Software Update
utility) stubbornly insist that it needs to be updated. I have also
done "yum clean all" with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how to get Yumex to stop listing this package
as updatable?